Heads up, Kabataang Mexicanos!
Heads up as the LINGGO NG KABATAAN 2021 with the theme: “Transforming Food Systems: Youth Innovation for Human and Planetary Health” is just around the corner!
Republic Act. No. 10742 or the Sangguniang Kabataan Reform Act of 2015 Section 33 mandates the observance of the Linggo ng Kabataan in every barangay, municipality, city and province on the week where the 12th of August falls to coincide with the International Youth Day.
Linggo ng Kabataan celebration recognizes the youth’s individual talents, creativity, and skills as well as their contribution on overall development and nation-building. This year’s theme “Transforming Food Systems: Youth Innovation for Human and Planetary Health” seeks to highlight the youth’s revolutionary abilities on putting their effort in action by manifesting new and fresh ideas from existing practices while caring for our common home.
In order to celebrate this special event, the Mexico Youth Development Office in partnership with the Sangguniang Kabataan Mexico Federation and Mexico Local Youth Development Council prepared a lineup of activities which will highlight the youth’s capabilities amidst the current pandemic. As a mark of innovation, prepared activities will be held online to cater more interested participants while ensuring the safety of everyone.
Below are the list of activities prepared just for you!
1. “Raise your Pride: As High as the Sky, As Colorful as the Rainbow” – LGBTQ+ Make-Up Transformation Contest
2. The Voice: A Voice Over Talent Competition
3. In My Head: A Spoken Poetry Contest on Mental Health Awareness
4. Mexicano Plantitos & Plantitas UNITE: A Tree Planting Activity for Ecosystem Restoration
5. To the Healthier You: An Info-Video/ Vlogging Competition Featuring Food Innovation & Healthy Recipes
We highly encourage each of you to get involved! We are looking forward for your active participation!
Thank you & keep safe!