Skip to main content
GOV.PH  |  Philippine Standard Time: 28 May 2024, 11:23 PM

Special Program fro employment of Students

June 9, 2017

MEXICO, PAMPANGA— Some 160 students were granted with summer job under Special Program fro employment of Students under the supervision of the Public employment Service Office Mexico.
Students who were granted with the said job will be working for 20 working days and will receive a salary of Php 7,754.

The budget for the said program is funded by both the Local Government Unit which will shoulder the 60% of the total funding and the Department of Labor and Employment for the remaining 40%.
“SPES or summer job is such a big help especially to us indigent citizens of Mexico, I have been granted with this opportunity since I started studying college,” said Edilberto Dela Cruz Jr, civil engineering student from Don Honorio Ventura Techmological State University (DHVTSU).

SPES, in the Municipality of Mexico started during the first term of the Hon. Teddy C. Tumang, in the year 2004. This program, according to the municipal mayor is the way of the municipal government to train its youth to become competitive and professionals while helping them.
Aside from discussing SPES, the Municipal Mayor also announced the ongoing construction of the Mexico Community Hospital’s Hemo-Dialysis Center, the planned construction of the socnd floor of the Mexico Community Hospital, and a Community College which is targeted to be done in the year 2018.

Along with Mayor Tumang are, Coun. Romeo Payabyab, Coun. Emannuel “Manny”Manalo, Leonila S. Ignacio, Municipal Human Resource Management Officer, Dax Nathaniel M. Bondoc, Municipal Informtation Officer and Romeo Tiglao, PESO Mexico Head.

Skip to content